Graduate Program Staff Assistant
Grad student registration, admissions, & inquiries, doctoral committee composition, grad program milestones & procedures, BBH conference room reservations for grad students, grad school policies, comprehensive dissertation proposal and final oral defense scheduling.
- Biobehavioral Health - BBH
- Graduate Program
219B Biobehavioral Health Building
University Park, PA 16802
University Park, PA 16802
- Questions regarding course registration, credits, grading, etc.
- Coordinate meetings
- Graduate program recruitment mailing
- Admissions committee support
- Graduate program committee support
- Enroll students in courses
- Doctoral committee structure
- Program milestones and procedures
- Room reservations for graduate related events
- Graduate student funding inquires
- Graduate school policies and procedures inquires
- Request to schedule comps, dissertation proposal, final defense exam
- College award opportunity inquiries and procedures
- Travel funding opportunities
- Distribution of information to graduate student listserv
- Hintz and Ford Awardee purchases, balance inquires, etc.
- Scheduling meetings for faculty, staff and graduate students
- Graduate program inquiries
- Enter student graduation information for PIC review in LionPATH
- Committee related tasks
- I have a question regarding faculty eligibility for my dissertation committee. Does (faculty member name) appointment with the department qualify him/her to be a member of my doctoral committee?
- Am I able to use my Hintz funds to purchase my student membership to “X” society?
- I am planning to my comprehensive exam this semester. What do I need to know to begin this process?
- One of the courses I have to take this fall must be scheduled by the training grant director and it is taking longer than expected to be sorted out. I am nervous since I do not have enough full time credits without that course. Until the scheduling is figured out, I was wondering if I could be registered for two credits of 596 with (faculty member name) instead of just one for now and adjust later, if needed, to maintain 12 credits.
- I have been working on preparing the documents for my qualifying exam and realize, I have not yet requested registration for TA credit and independent study credit. Would you be able to register me for both 602 and 596? I am not sure of the number of credits as I will be doing 10 hours of TA and 10 hours of RA. Currently I am registered for 2 other 3-credit courses, making my current course load 6 credits for the fall. I need to register for a maximum number of 12 credits per fall and spring semesters as a graduate assistant.