Skip to main content
Faculty/Staff Resources
Biobehavioral Health
Search search
Mobile Search:

BBH Advising is structured differently for different groups of students.

First Year BBH Students at University Park Campus icon-olus-circle

Pre-Major/First-Year students whose intended major is BBH will be advised by a pre-major adviser in the College of Health and Human Development’s Advising Center. Your adviser’s information can be found by clicking the Academics tab on LionPath. If you have difficulty determining who your adviser is or how to schedule an appointment, please call the HHD Student Services Center at call (814) 865-2156.

Sophomore, Junior & Senior BBH Students at University Park Campus icon-olus-circle

The most helpful tool to understand the requirements for the BBH major is the BBH Degree Requirements Checklist. Please use the checklist to keep track of the requirements you have met. We suggest putting the grade for completed requirements in ink and requirements in progress or scheduled for the following semester in pencil. Please bring an updated checklist with you to every advising session.

Several sections of the curriculum offer flexibility for students to choose courses in line with their career, graduate school, minor, and/or study abroad goals. Approved course selections are listed on the checklist within the requirement. Possible exceptions to the approved course selections should be discussed with your BBH academic adviser prior to completing the course in question.

Please review this Statement from Head of Department of Biobehavioral Health Regarding Coursework Requiring Grades of C or Higher.

Additional information about the BBH major requirements can be found on the University Bulletin.

Changing Major to BBH (University Park Campus) icon-olus-circle

If you are exploring BBH but are not quite ready to change your major yet, you can meet with a Pre-Major Adviser in the College of Health and Human Development’s Center for Student Advising and Engagement (CSAE). Appointments can be scheduled by logging into Starfish ( and in Services, search by the word “development.” then select University Park – College of Health & Human Development Advising. Appointments can be scheduled through Starfish with any adviser in the CSAE.

If you are certain about changing your major, please declare your major in LionPath through Update Academics. Once in the new major, you will be assigned a BBH adviser who will continue to work individually with you toward your degree.

Students at Commonwealth Campuses icon-olus-circle

As a student at a Commonwealth Campus, you are encouraged to meet with your assigned advisor once each semester. Continue to work with your campus advisor even in planning for your first semester at University Park.

Please visit FAQ’s (Campuses) for additional information.

For contact information visit the BBH Undergraduate Advising page.