Apply to the Master's Program in CSD
The primary qualification for admission is evidence of a strong potential for academic, clinical, and research growth. Such evidence is obtained from official transcripts, letters of recommendation, GRE scores, and a personal statement of academic, research, and vocational interests.
Penn State Graduate School Requirements
The Penn State Graduate School outlines requirements for graduate admission including academic eligibility requirements and English language proficiency. Please review the requirements for graduate admission before applying.
Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders Requirements
The Master's program in CSD has additional admissions requirements including GPA, GRE scores, and a variety of undergraduate courses. Please review these admissions requirements prior to applying.
The Penn State CSD program participates in the Communication Sciences and Disorders Centralized Application Service (CSDCAS).
- A completed CSDCAS application
- NOTE: Low income or McNair Scholar students may be eligible for a fee waiver from the CSDCAS Fee Assistance Program.
- Official transcripts from all institutions of higher education attended; transcripts must include Fall semester coursework for students completing their undergraduate degree. Official transcripts MUST be sent to CSDCAS directly either electronically or via mail.
- Three letters of recommendation
- Resume detailing educational, work, and volunteer experiences
- Personal statement (see admissions requirements)
- If you are not a Native English speaker, TOEFL scores are required to be submitted electronically using CSDCAS ETS code C122.
Scores from the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) may be submitted but are not required. Those choosing to submit scores should use the Penn State CSDCAS ETS code 4131.
CSDCAS Customer Service is available Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. by calling 617-612-2030 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students are admitted beginning in the fall semester. The CSD graduate program is designed for full-time students and does not admit part-time or nondegree students.
Accepted students who choose to enroll at Penn State will need to submit the Penn State Graduate School application, including a $65 non-refundable application fee.
The deadline for applications for Fall admission is February 1.