Skip to main content

Penn State to begin spring semester remotely, delay in-person classes. See details >>

What is Health and Human Development?

Diverse fields of study that share one
common goal: enriching the lives of others.

Search search
Mobile Search:

In order to assist students who have the ability and ambition to attend the University, and to recognize the accomplishments of its students, the College of Health and Human Development (HHD) awards scholarships on the basis of academic achievement, financial need, school/community activities, leadership positions, and work experience. Students must be enrolled in the College of Health and Human Development to receive scholarship support and some scholarships and awards require enrollment in a specific major.

No application required for most scholarships

All currently enrolled HHD students, currently enrolled Penn State students intending to transfer to the College prior to the Fall semester, and incoming freshmen and students transferring from a college outside of the Penn State system will be automatically considered for all scholarships and awards for which they are eligible. For questions or additional information please contact Doug Ford at or 814-863-6790.

A few select scholarships in academic units require addtional information for consideration as noted in the description.

Financial Need

Many scholarships and awards consider financial need. In order to be eligible students must complete a FAFSA application by Penn State's recommended filing date of December 1 for prospective first-year students and April 15 for continuing students. Visit to complete the application.


Scholarship awarding is an ongoing process. Efforts are made to award scholarships prior to July 1 for the upcoming academic year, but awards may be made throughout the year. Only those students who are selected to receive an award will be contacted. All students will be notified by mail at their home address.

Disbursement Requirements

In order to disburse a scholarship/award students must be enrolled in the College of Health and Human Development and be in good standing with the University. In most cases, students will receive half of their award in the fall semester and the other half in the spring semester. All funds are directly disbursed to an individual student’s account in the Office of the University Bursar.

Other Scholarship and Financial Aid Information

If you would like information about other sources of funding please contact the following:

Private Free Scholarship Searches