Skip to main content
Faculty/Staff Resources
What is Health and Human Development?

Diverse fields of study that share one
common goal: enriching the lives of others.

Search search
Mobile Search:


To provide institutional leadership, infrastructure, and excellence in the administration of sponsored projects to stimulate research, innovation, discovery, and education.

Critical Functions

  • Pre-Award/Proposal Coordination/In-coming Subawards
  • Post-Award/Award Management/Out-going Subawards
  • Subaward back-up/Research Salary Sheet
  • Award amendments/New account set ups
  • Data Lifecycle Management
  • Graduate Education Resources


Frequently Asked Questions

How early should I notify the Research Office of an upcoming proposal submission? icon-olus-circle

We ask for one month minimum notification of any upcoming proposal submissions.  This will let us help in guiding teams with a submission timeline.  If you have subaward partners, we require subaward packets at least two weeks prior to submission.  The complete final copy of the submission documents should be with the Research Office no less than five days prior to submission.  All proposals (regardless of sponsor deadline time) will be required to be submitted by 5pm on the respective deadline day.

What type of submission help does the Research Office support? icon-olus-circle

Funding Searches
Proposal Development, final compliance review
Budget Development
Matching/Cost Share Funds
Submission (LOI & Full) via our delegated MOU
Internal Approval Forms (IAF)
Limited/Down select Program
Award Processing
Account Set-up
Just-in-Time (JIT)
IRB/IACUC questions 

Who can I contact for help with managing a new award and what type of support does the Research Office provide? icon-olus-circle

Once you receive notification that your application will be funded, please contact our post-award team for help.   Awards are negotiated by our Office of Sponsored Programs, and compliance protocols are approved by the Office of Research Protections.  Our office will help you navigate the various offices and work with your department to establish a new project account.  Below is a list of award services we are here to help with:

Award Questions
NIH RPPR (annual reports)
Budget Realignments
Salary Distributions on Awards
Cost Accounting Justifications
No Cost Extensions & Close outs

If I have questions about data management, who should I contact and why? icon-olus-circle

The CHHD Research Office provides many services for our researchers to assist with the data lifecycle.  Should you have questions about any of the following, please contact our Research IT Director. 

Research Lab set-up
Quotes/Pricing (data storage and data analysis options) for proposal budgets
Data Use Agreement Processing
Data Security Plan Development
Assistance with Security Level Determinations
Level 3 Authority to Operate (ATO) process
Data Storage options
Data Analysis options
Data Transfer incoming and outgoing
Computing needs    

If I have questions about my department’s graduate program(s), who should I contact? icon-olus-circle

Every department has a Professor-in-Charge (PIC) of the graduate program, a graduate staff assistant, and a representative on the CHHD Graduate Student Council (GSC). These individuals should be your first point of contact. 

How are graduate students funded? icon-olus-circle

The majority of our funded students have graduate assistantships.  Half-time assistantships cover full tuition and provide a stipend during the fall and/or spring semesters.  Each department has a limited amount of graduate assistantships to assign and they determine the students’ duties (20 hours a week for half-time assistantships).  The college also has several training grants.  Students funded on training grants are considered fellows, and do not have work assignments; rather, they are funded to gain specialized training during their program.  A small number of students are also funded on faculty members’ research grants.

Can I sign….? icon-olus-circle

No, in general faculty cannot sign agreements or documents from outside vendors, partners, or sponsors.  All proposal applications must be submitted by an authorized official of the University per RA20 (Proposal Submission policy).  FNG02 (Limited Delegation of Contract Approvals policy) provides guidance on who and what offices are authorized to sign various types of agreements. When you are asked to sign something, please contact the Research Office for guidance.  We’ll help to get your forms routed for proper review and university signatures.  

Personnel List

Appointment Type
Accepting Graduate Students?
Assistant Coordinator Grants & Contracts
  • Pre-Award Services
Assistant Coordinator Grants & Contracts
  • Post-Award Services
Assistant Coordinator Grants & Contracts
  • Pre-Award Services
Associate Dean for Research and Graduate Education
Professor of Communication Sciences and Disorders
  • Research and Graduate Studies
Administrative Support Assistant
  • Research
Senior Associate Coordinator, Grants and Contracts, Lead Pre-Award Coordinator
  • Pre-Award Services
Director of Grants and Contracts
  • Research
Lead, Post-Award
  • Post-Award Services
Administrative Coordinator, Research and Graduate Education
  • Administration
Associate Coordinator, Grants and Contracts
  • Post-Award Services