Advising for students in the Commercial Recreation and Tourism Management (CRMT), Community Recreation Management (CMRMG), and Outdoor Recreation (OUTRC) options is located in the Student Success Center located in 701 Ford Building. Please check in at the Starfish Kiosk in front of the reception desk when you arrive for appointments or walk-in hours.
- Advising Appointments for RPTM Students
Deb Houser advises students who have entered the Recreation, Park and Tourism Management (RPTM) major in the Commercial Recreation and Tourism Management (CRTM), Community Recreation Management (CMRMG), and the Outdoor Recreation Management (OUTRC) options.
First-year students intending to pursue these options are advised in the Center for Student Advising and Engagement Center until they have earned more than 29 credits, have a cumulative grade point average of a 2.0 or above and are eligible to declare their major.
To make an appointment with Deb Houser, log in to Starfish. From the Home page, follow the following steps:
- Select Success Network to find a list of your instructors and adviser(s).
- Find the link to Deb’s calendar.
- Choose an appointment time from the available slots.
If Deb is not your assigned adviser,
- Select the Services tab.
- Type "Houser" in the Services search box.
- Click the link to her calendar.
- Advising Appointments for Students in PGA Golf Management
All students enrolled in the PGA Professional Golf Management option are advised by one of our PGA Golf Management faculty advisors. PGA Golf Management is a direct admit program.
Appointments for the PGA Golf Management students are made by contacting them directly.
- Walk-in Hours
Walk-in hours are for the questions in-between regularly scheduled advising appointments. They allow students to get answers to quick questions, have forms signed or dropped off, or locate a campus resource.
Reasons To See Your Adviser
- Learn how to...
- Run and interpret your Degree Requirements Audit in LionPATH
- Locate and use the Suggested Academic Plan for your option
- Plan for Study Abroad
- Understand and interpret university, college and department policies and procedures
- Get Help with Student Actions
- Change or add a major
- Add, change or delete a minor
- Add, change or delete a certificate
- Request a Leave of absence
- File a senate petition
- Change campus
- Course substitutions
- Transfer course work