Advising Appointment Scheduling
Students should be ready for an interactive session which will include the option to screen share so that you can review your Academic Requirements (audit). Please find a space that is quiet and wearing earphones is a good idea and recommended. Be sure to test your video and sound before your scheduled appointment. Be punctual logging into the Zoom appointment at least 5 minutes prior to your appointment time.
KINES Academic Advising
Current students may find their adviser on LionPath under the "My Advisors" tab
Students officially in the Major of Kinesiology (KINES_BS) or Athletic Training (ATHTR_BS) are assigned to a department adviser.
First year students in the pre-major status (HHD_PMAJ) are assigned to an adviser in the college's Center for Student Advising and Engagement
- Current Kinesiology and Athletic Training Students
To schedule an appointment with your assigned KINES adviser
- Log into Starfish and click on “Home”.
- Find “My Success Network” in the navigation pane. This will show you all your instructors and adviser. You can make an appointment with your adviser from their individual profiles.
- Click Schedule Appointment link. The calendar (left-hand side) will show dates with open appointment times. Days in bold-face are the ones available for scheduling.
- Click the + icon next to the appointment time that fits your schedule.
- Select a Reason for the appointments.
- Type a detailed description for the meeting to help the adviser best prepare for the meeting.
Once you create the appointment Starfish will send you an email confirming the appointment and will also send you a reminder closer to the appointment time. Your “Dashboard” will show the new appointment you have created.
Late appointment policy
If you are more than 15 minutes late to your scheduled advising appointment, you will be asked to reschedule.
This policy serves as a reminder to be respectful of fellow students' time. Advising appointments are in high demand and can be difficult to schedule. A "no-show" deprives another student the opportunity to meet with their adviser and takes away from advisers' time to assist students.
To cancel the appointment
- Click the “x” in the upper right of the appointment block on your Dashboard. If you do need to cancel, please do so well in advance and give your adviser some reasons why the appointment is being canceled.
- Please give 24 hours advanced notice.
If you have trouble scheduling an appointment through Starfish, please try clearing your web browser history and refreshing your screen or try a different web browser. Students can make appointments with any adviser in the Kinesiology Advising Center. Use the “Services” function in Starfish to search for Health & Human Development - Kinesiology and Athletic Training Advising.
Students can also review the Drop-in hours that vary each week for 10 minutes or less conversations or questions.
- Current Pre-Major (HHD_PMAJ) and First Year Students
Current Pre-Major Students in the College of Health and Human Development (HHD_PMAJ) are assigned to and work with advisers in the Center for Student Advising and Engagement located in 5 Henderson Building. Students exploring any major in the College of Health and Human Development should schedule advising meetings with an adviser in the Center for Student Advising and Engagement.
- Prospective Students and Families
Prospective Students and Families interested in the KINES major at University Park can contact the Student Recruitment and Engagement Coordinator at 814-865-2600 to schedule a time to meet and visit the campus and college.
- Commonwealth Campus Students
Students should make every attempt to work with their assigned adviser at their current campus.