The Finance Office is committed to providing outstanding customer service and financial support to the college while maintaining fiscal responsibility and adherence to University policies and procedures. Our staff values continuous improvement in all financial activities as well as integrity and teamwork.
- Annual operating budget process; management of faculty start-up funds (Dave Koelle)
- Management of HHD labor distribution processes (Brian Kochik and Nicky Rigg)
- General expense document approvals (finance contact varies by unit)
Frequently Asked Questions
- I should have start-up or other funds available to me in a discretionary account but I don’t see a balance. What do I do?
Your unit budget assistant should be able to help with this; you can also feel free to contact the FO or Assistant FO as needed. Particularly with funds that carry forward from one fiscal year to the next, there are sometimes timing issues (ex., the funds don’t immediately show up at the beginning of the next year, as we have to wait to receive our carryforward).
- I will have effort distributed across multiple research projects and/or other accounts. How is this handled?
This process is managed jointly through your unit budget assistant, the finance office and the research office. Your unit budget assistant should be able to provide the specific information you need to get started; and as always the finance office is available as a resource if you need to contact us directly.