Skip to main content

All University Park employees, graduate and undergraduate students supported on wage payroll, and students supported on graduate assistantships must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by Dec. 8, per federal vaccine mandate. Read more >>

Faculty/Staff Resources
What is Health and Human Development?

Diverse fields of study that share one
common goal: enriching the lives of others.

Search search
Mobile Search:

Definition and Policy

The University admits first-semester baccalaureate degree candidates to a campus that can provide at least 2 semesters of normal progress toward the program they have selected. Generally, students are expected to complete 2 full years of academic work at their initial campus. After 2 years, they may have to change to a University campus that offers the upper-level course work required in their major.

College Policy: A student may request an early change of campus in order to maintain normal progress toward his/her preferred major. Change of campus to University Park should generally take place after the student has completed 4 full-time semesters (or equivalent) at another campus. There are two ways under which students can relocate to University Park prior to completing 4 semesters: 1) if a student is unable to make normal progress toward the degree because the requisite courses are not available at the student’s campus. In this case requests will be reviewed on a case by case basis, and 2) if the Vice-Provost for Undergraduate Education has approved a policy exception for a given program. In all other circumstances, students should not be advised that the College will recommend relocation to University Park prior to completion of the fourth semester.


Change of Campus using LionPATH


The objectives of the University’s academic advising program are to help advisees identify and achieve their academic goals, to promote their intellectual discovery, and to encourage students to take advantage of both in- and out-of-class educational opportunities in order that they become self-directed learners and decision makers.

College Policy: Pre-major and students exploring academic goals in the College are advised in the Center for Advising and Student Success. Once a student declares a major, the student will be advised in the department/schools. For a complete listing of the College advisers, visit To assist with upper-level course planning, review the Recommended Academic Plan for the major at /studentservices/handbook/raps.


Change-of-campus students who wish to apply for on-campus housing at University Park must do so through the eLiving House Contract System at Students planning to live off campus should review housing opportunities made available through the Division of Student Affairs at University Park at

College Contact

College of Health and Human Development University Park and campus academic advising information is available at /studentservices/advising.html .

Access and Resources

New Student Orientation Activities at University Park
Public Transportation at University Park
Parking Options at University Park
Penn State Adult Learners
The Library
University Health Services at University Park